Friday, June 16, 2006

We Are Parents?

It has never occur to me that I’d become a parent so quickly. Before we were married, Steven and I have discussed quite extensively about whether to have children. While we were still on the topic with no conclusion, we became pregnant almost quite quickly after our wedding.

The day I suspected that I was pregnant, Steven, was still secretly hoping that it was only my suspicion and he’d prayed that it wasn’t real. I guess, God has His own plans about us.

While I was elated about being pregnant, I’m also at the same time a bit lost as to what to expect because becoming a parent would mean that God has trusted me enough to put a child in my hands to care for. It wasn’t long that the realization of a huge responsibility of caring for another human being dawn on me. Not long after, all the self-doubting questions flooded my mind - I’ve asked myself many, many times, am I really prepared for this new role? Do I know what I’m getting myself into? Will I be a good mother? And the list goes on…

Sometimes, we won’t really know what to expect or how to react until we are really put into the situation. We just have to hold onto our faith that God has entrusted us with a huge task, but He has also worked out the plans for us… whatever that will happen He knows and He will provide and guide us accordingly…we just have to take it one step at a time…

No comments: